Deodorant is absolutely essential to wear on a daily basis if you want to fight body odor. A good deodorant can make you smell great whether you’re spending the day working or spending the day running errands.
In order to make sure you buy the right product, it’s important to know what to look for. This will ensure you get something that makes you smell great and stay that way all day long.
1. Choose a Type
When you walk into the deodorant aisle at a drug store, you are going to see a lot of different options. Some of these are stick form, some are sprays and there are gels and powders. Instead of spending an hour looking at these, go to the store knowing just what you want.
– Stick deodorants are great if you want something that is hard, easy to see where it goes and easy to take with you.
– Roll-on bottles are great if you have little to no armpit hair, not if you have long hair.
– A gel deodorant is great if you don’t like the typical stick type of bottle. The gels are made to go on clear, which means you won’t have to worry about risking getting deodorant stains on your clothing.
– Sprays are great if you want something that is easy to apply no matter how long your armpit hair is. These do have to dry, but a lot of new products dry within seconds instead of minutes.
A combination of antiperspirant and deodorant is going to be the best choice if you want to combat odor and sweat. While there are extra strength options out there, they generally aren’t worth the extra cost. As long as you choose a combination product you should be pretty well protected.
A lot of people enjoy scented deodorants because they add a nice scent to the body that lasts all day long. That scent can also help cover up gross body odor smells that can appear throughout the day. There are a lot of different scents out there, from baby powder to fruits. There are also a lot of products that do not smell at all, which is great if you don’t want to smell or have sensitive skin and want a natural formula.
4. Check the Ingredients
It’s important to avoid ingredients such as aluminum and Triclosan when you’re shopping. These can cause health problems, especially if you use them for a long time. Both of these can easily be avoided if you just check the ingredients on the bottle of deodorant that you choose.
– If you find that nothing is getting rid of your body odor, you should go and see your dermatologist. They may be able to recommend a prescription strength solution that you can’t find at the store.
– Natural formulas are the best choices if you want something that is good for your skin and for your health. These may cost more, but they are definitely worth it for long-term health.
Author Bio : Popea Ionut is a freelance writer which loves to showcase his writing skills on Squidoo. His last creation is about the Best deodorant for men.