If you’re looking for the perfect gift for a special man in your life – whether it’s a husband, boyfriend, son, father, nephew or friend – look no further than the surprisingly diverse selection of men’s jewelry and rings now available. Although men have traditionally worn jewelry of all kinds throughout history, it fell out of favor for the most part throughout the 20th century. In fact, for decades the only style of men’s jewelry that was common included wedding bands, class rings and cuff links.
Fortunately, that has all changed in recent years. Thanks in large part to movie stars and other celebrities sporting all forms of men’s jewelry and rings, it’s now completely acceptable for men to express their own individuality and unique style through jewelry. If you’re looking for the perfect gift for a special guy in your life, consider any of these contemporary selections.
- Men’s bracelets: One of the hottest trends in the world of men’s fashions is the bracelet. Some men are even adopting the style of wearing several of them at the same time to make a much bolder statement. Men’s bracelets come in a variety of styles and materials – from the more conventional precious metals to contemporary materials like titanium and tungsten carbide. Some of the most popular fashions are made of leather, such as a black leather bracelet with stainless steel beads.
- Men’s cross pendants: Although the cross has long symbolized Christianity, this iconic shape has now made its way into the world of fashion jewelry. You’ll find many different styles of crosses in men’s accessories, including Celtic crosses, biker-inspired crosses, tribal crosses and more. If the man you’re shopping for enjoys a sleek, contemporary appearance, consider a PVD stainless steel cross pendant with a black carbon fiber inlay.
- Men’s spinning rings: Also known as Tibetan worry rings or prayer rings, spinning rings feature two separate bands, with the outer band spinning around the inner one. Similar to other forms of men’s jewelry and rings, you’ll find spinning rings in a variety of styles – from racing-inspired bands to Hebrew rings to Christian-inspired bands and so much more. One fine example is a modern style tungsten and black ceramic spinning ring.
- Men’s dog tag pendant necklaces: The simple but elegant shape of the dog tag first became popular when it was introduced by the U.S. military in the 1920s. Originally used as a means of identifying wounded and deceased soldiers fallen in war, the dog tag has become one of the most common styles of pendants for men. Some of the most popular are those made of contemporary materials like stainless steel, titanium and tungsten carbide.
- Men’s chain necklaces: When you think of chain necklaces for men, you might envision some of the designs from the 1960s and 1970s, when men of all ages wore this popular style of jewelry. Although today’s chains are typically a little less showy than those worn in earlier decades, this style has remained a fashionable one for men. If your pocketbook will allow it, a classic gold chain is always a favorite choice. However, if you have a smaller budget, consider a chain made of a contemporary material – such as stainless steel – with a gold tone coating.
Whatever selection you choose in men’s jewelry and rings, just be sure that the style suits the man who’ll be wearing the piece. Precious metals are always a great choice, but don’t forget that contemporary materials are often much more reasonably priced than gold and platinum, for example. These newer metals are also much more durable than some precious metals like gold and silver, which makes them an attractive option for many gift givers.
Jack Dawson writes about men’s jewelry and rings for JustMensRings.com.